Recent automobiles have more and more options and nevertheless they bring us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not always simple to use. Regardless you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Alfa Romeo Giulia, dependent on its options, it can be challenging to understand how to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem very clear to most of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less simple to do so. On this webpage we will explain the distinct techniques to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Alfa Romeo Giulia with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia with key?
So we commence our article which is meant to show you how to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find under the different measures to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Alfa Romeo Giulia:
- Determine the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is normally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to consult our article on the steering wheel blocked on Alfa Romeo Giulia that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they mean don’t hesitate to consult our article on orange lights on Alfa Romeo Giulia to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Alfa Romeo Giulia starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Alfa Romeo Giulia,
How to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Alfa Romeo Giulia with key or will demonstrate you how to do it for a Alfa Romeo Giulia equipped with a key card and not a key. The operation is more or less alike, so don’t hesitate to go back to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover below the guidelines to adhere to to start your Alfa Romeo Giulia with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, verify on your dashboard if your Alfa Romeo Giulia is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is generally based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally located on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Alfa Romeo Giulia
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Alfa Romeo Giulia
How do I start a Alfa Romeo Giulia without a key?
And to finish, we will see, how to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Alfa Romeo Giulia is newer than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security devices present on it. As expected, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to follow:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Alfa Romeo Giulia).
There, you’ve discovered all the ways to start a Alfa Romeo Giulia.
If you have any further questions about the Alfa Romeo Giulia, do not hesitate to consult our Alfa Romeo Giulia category.