You are the happy owner of a recent automobile, the pleasures of tactile gadgets, integrated technology should bring you a comfort of use of your Tesla Model X important, however, which says technology says electronic, and as we all unfortunately know occasionally there are trouble to solve. Today we will look at the tire pressure sensor and precisely how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To accomplish this, we will split our article into two parts, first we will explain the typical case of a tire pressure indicator light that arises and the operation to follow, and then the case of a tire indicator that remains on despite inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Tesla Model X.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X? By looking at the pressure of your tires
First, we will look into the classic methodology to reset the tire sensor on Tesla Model X, which if it lights up, here are the main steps:
- As you most likely know, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Tesla Model X’s tire pressure indicators pops up, rather quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel tightly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually check the state of your tyres, if one of them is entirely flat, change your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go cautiously to a petrol station.
- Examine the tire pressure of your Tesla Model X using the pressure gauge and follow the brand suggestions on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you perceive during this re-inflation that a tire is harmed, have it replaced
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have carried out the logical process of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few moments. In the instance that this is not the case, we recommend you to read the following section.
How to reset the Tesla Model X tire pressure sensor that remains on when the tire pressure is great
Reset tire pressure sensor Tesla Model X
Now that you followed the classic operation of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X, and it didn’t function, we will move on to the second solution, namely, the tires on my Tesla Model X are well inflated and I still want to make this light go away. It most likely denotes you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this concern, it will be required to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Nevertheless, be cautious not to do this while driving as pressure variations will affect your pressure sensors. Generally you have to go through the automobile options, then you should find an option to detect inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button according to the year of your Tesla Model X till you see a message from the car console that confirms that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few moments). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Tesla Model X to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Optional solution to remove the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X: Replace a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Tesla Model X does not disappear, then the wisest method is to go to your workshop, it is most likely the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is defective or faulty on your Tesla Model X. Be aware that in most cases the price of a unit is around 120€. Another alternative that some prefer to adopt because the issue can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your automobile. Nevertheless, this procedure is not suggested because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal operation of your Tesla Model X. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Tesla Model X.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model X, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model X category.