You are the proud owner of a recent automobile, the joys of tactile gadgets, integrated technology should bring you a convenience of use of your Ram ProMaster important, nevertheless, which says technology says electronic, and as we all unfortunately know oftentimes there are trouble to solve. Today we will focus on the tire pressure sensor and exactly how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To do this, we will separate our content into two parts, first we will explain the traditional case of a tire pressure indicator light that happens and the method to follow, and then the case of a tire indicator that remains on despite inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Ram ProMaster.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster? By checking out the pressure of your tires
First, we will focus on the common way to reset the tire sensor on Ram ProMaster, which if it lights up, here are the main actions:
- As you almost certainly are aware of, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Ram ProMaster’s tire pressure indicators pops up, promptly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel firmly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually check the condition of your tyres, if one of them is completely flat, change your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go carefully to a petrol station.
- Check the tire pressure of your Ram ProMaster using the pressure gauge and follow the brand instructions on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you notice during this re-inflation that a tire is harmed, have it changed
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have used the logical methodology of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few moments. In the event that this is not the case, we advise you to examine the following sections.
How to reset the Ram ProMaster tire pressure sensor that remains on when the tire pressure is good
Reset tire pressure sensor Ram ProMaster
Now that you tried the basic method of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster, and it didn’t work, we will go forward to the second option, namely, the tires on my Ram ProMaster are well inflated and I still want to make this light disappear. It almost certainly denotes you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this trouble, it will be required to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Nevertheless, be careful not to do this while driving as pressure variations will disturb your pressure sensors. In most cases you have to go through the automobile configurations, then you should find an option to detect inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button depending to the year of your Ram ProMaster till there is a message from the vehicle console that confirms that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few moments). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Ram ProMaster to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Alternative solution to remove the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster: Replace a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Ram ProMaster does not turn off, then the smartest solution is to go to your workshop, it is almost certainly the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is faulty or faulty on your Ram ProMaster. Be aware that generally speaking the price of a unit is around 120€. Another choice that some prefer to use because the problem can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your automobile. However, this procedure is not advised because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal performance of your Ram ProMaster. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Ram ProMaster.
If you have any additional questions about the Ram ProMaster, do not hesitate to consult our Ram ProMaster category.