You are the happy owner of a recent vehicle, the pleasures of tactile devices, integrated technology should bring you a convenience of use of your Jeep Liberty significant, nevertheless, which says technology says electronic, and as we all unfortunately know quite often there are problems to fix. Today we will look into the tire pressure sensor and precisely how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To accomplish this, we will divide our content into two parts, first of all we will explain the classic case of a tire pressure indicator light that happens and the technique to follow, and then the case of a tire indicator that remains on even though inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Jeep Liberty.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty? By looking at the pressure of your tires
First, we will focus on the common methodology to reset the tire sensor on Jeep Liberty, which if it lights up, here are the main techniques:
- As you most likely are aware of, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Jeep Liberty’s tire pressure indicators turns on, quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel strongly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually examine the condition of your tyres, if one of them is entirely flat, replace your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go cautiously to a petrol station.
- Verify the tire pressure of your Jeep Liberty using the pressure gauge and follow the brand instructions on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you perceive during this re-inflation that a tire is harmed, have it replaced
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have carried out the logical technique of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few seconds. If it turns out this is not the case, we recommend you to examine the following section.
How to reset the Jeep Liberty tire pressure sensor that remains on when the tire pressure is great
Reset tire pressure sensor Jeep Liberty
Now that you followed the common technique of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty, and it didn’t work, we will move on to the second alternative, namely, the tires on my Jeep Liberty are well inflated and I still want to make this light go away. It most likely shows you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this trouble, it will be necessary to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Nevertheless, be cautious not to accomplish this while driving as pressure variations will affect your pressure sensors. Generally speaking you have to go through the vehicle configurations, then you should find an option to diagnose inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button depending to the year of your Jeep Liberty until there is a message from the car console that verifies that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few seconds). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Jeep Liberty to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Substitute solution to remove the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty: Swap a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Jeep Liberty does not go away, then the wisest choice is to go to your garage, it is most likely the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is malfunctioning or faulty on your Jeep Liberty. Be aware that in most cases the price of a unit is around 120€. Another solution that some prefer to adopt because the problem can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your vehicle. Nevertheless, this methodology is not suggested because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal operation of your Jeep Liberty. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Jeep Liberty.
To discover more tips on the Jeep Liberty, take a look at the Jeep Liberty category.