We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In the present day, we are going to take a look at a concern that may seem minor but that fairly quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Volvo Xc40 card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Volvo Xc40?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Volvo Xc40.
How does the key card of your Volvo Xc40 operate?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Volvo Xc40 hands-free card, we will fairly quickly explain how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Volvo Xc40 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Volvo Xc40 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Volvo Xc40?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to replace the key card battery of an Volvo Xc40? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Volvo Xc40:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Volvo Xc40?
At last, to conclude our content page we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Volvo Xc40. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Volvo Xc40, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To find more tips on the Volvo Xc40, take a look at the Volvo Xc40 category.