We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to look at an issue that may seem insignificant but that promptly turns out to be bothering if it is not repaired. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Volkswagen Golf 3 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Volkswagen Golf 3?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Volkswagen Golf 3.
How does the key card of your Volkswagen Golf 3 function?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Volkswagen Golf 3 hands-free card, we will promptly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It enables you to open the Volkswagen Golf 3 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Volkswagen Golf 3 if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Volkswagen Golf 3?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Volkswagen Golf 3? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to function. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Volkswagen Golf 3:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take out the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Volkswagen Golf 3?
Finally, to conclude our article we will support you to select the card battery type of your Volkswagen Golf 3. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Volkswagen Golf 3, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Golf 3, take a look at the Volkswagen Golf 3 category.