We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to discover a concern that may seem minor but that promptly turns out to be frustrating if it is not fixed. In truth, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Volkswagen Eos card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Volkswagen Eos?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Volkswagen Eos.
How does the key card of your Volkswagen Eos function?
Before we describe how to replace the batteries in your Volkswagen Eos hands-free card, we will fairly quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had issues finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Volkswagen Eos simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Volkswagen Eos if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Volkswagen Eos?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to replace the key card battery of an Volkswagen Eos? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to function. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Volkswagen Eos:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take out the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to buy for the card of my Volkswagen Eos?
Finally, to end our article content we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Volkswagen Eos. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Volkswagen Eos, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Eos, take a look at the Volkswagen Eos category.