We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to take a look at an issue that may seem unimportant but that promptly turns out to be annoying if it is not repaired. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Toyota Scion FR S card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Toyota Scion FR S?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Toyota Scion FR S.
How does the key card of your Toyota Scion FR S work?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Toyota Scion FR S hands-free card, we will promptly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had problems finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Toyota Scion FR S simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Toyota Scion FR S if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Toyota Scion FR S?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to replace the key card battery of an Toyota Scion FR S? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to work. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it by hand. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Toyota Scion FR S:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take out the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Toyota Scion FR S?
At last, to conclude our article we will help you to select the card battery type of your Toyota Scion FR S. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Toyota Scion FR S, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To find more tips on the Toyota Scion FR S, take a look at the Toyota Scion FR S category.