We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to discover an issue that may seem unimportant but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Toyota Prius card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Toyota Prius?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Toyota Prius.
How does the key card of your Toyota Prius operate?
Before we describe how to replace the batteries in your Toyota Prius hands-free card, we will fairly quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had trouble locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It permits you to open the Toyota Prius simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Toyota Prius if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Toyota Prius?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Toyota Prius? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Toyota Prius:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to buy for the card of my Toyota Prius?
At last, to conclude our short post we will support you to select the card battery type of your Toyota Prius. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Toyota Prius, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any additional questions about the Toyota Prius, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Prius category.