We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this article, we are going to discover a concern that may seem insignificant but that quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Toyota Highlander card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Toyota Highlander?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Toyota Highlander.
How does the key card of your Toyota Highlander work?
Before we describe how to change the batteries in your Toyota Highlander hands-free card, we will promptly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problems locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It permits you to open the Toyota Highlander simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Toyota Highlander if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Toyota Highlander?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of an Toyota Highlander? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to work. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Toyota Highlander:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to use for the card of my Toyota Highlander?
Finally, to finish our short post we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Toyota Highlander. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Toyota Highlander, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota Highlander, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Highlander category.