We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this article, we are going to check out a concern that may seem unimportant but that promptly turns out to be annoying if it is not fixed. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Subaru Forester card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Subaru Forester?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Subaru Forester.
How does the key card of your Subaru Forester work?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Subaru Forester hands-free card, we will quickly explain how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had difficulty locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Subaru Forester simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Subaru Forester if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Subaru Forester?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to change the key card battery of an Subaru Forester? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to work. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Subaru Forester:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to buy for the card of my Subaru Forester?
At last, to conclude our content page we will support you to select the card battery type of your Subaru Forester. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Subaru Forester, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Subaru Forester, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Forester category.