We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In the present day, we are going to check out a concern that may seem insignificant but that fairly quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not corrected. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Subaru Crosstrek card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Subaru Crosstrek?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Subaru Crosstrek.
How does the key card of your Subaru Crosstrek function?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Subaru Crosstrek hands-free card, we will quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Subaru Crosstrek simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Subaru Crosstrek if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Subaru Crosstrek?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Subaru Crosstrek? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to function. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Subaru Crosstrek:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to remove the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Subaru Crosstrek?
Finally, to conclude our article we will support you to select the card battery type of your Subaru Crosstrek. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Subaru Crosstrek, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more tutorials on the Subaru Crosstrek, go to our Subaru Crosstrek category.