We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this guide, we are going to look at a problem that may seem minor but that fairly quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. In fact, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Scion xB card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Scion xB?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Scion xB.
How does the key card of your Scion xB operate?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Scion xB hands-free card, we will promptly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had trouble locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Scion xB simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Scion xB if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Scion xB?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to replace the key card battery of an Scion xB? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Scion xB:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Scion xB?
At last, to conclude our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Scion xB. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Scion xB, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Scion xB, do not hesitate to consult our Scion xB category.