We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In the present day, we are going to take a look at a problem that may seem unimportant but that fairly quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Renault Espace 3 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Renault Espace 3?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Renault Espace 3.
How does the key card of your Renault Espace 3 operate?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Renault Espace 3 hands-free card, we will promptly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had issues locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Renault Espace 3 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Renault Espace 3 if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Renault Espace 3?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Renault Espace 3? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Renault Espace 3:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take out the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Renault Espace 3?
At last, to finish our article content we will help you to select the card battery type of your Renault Espace 3. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Renault Espace 3, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more tutorials on the Renault Espace 3, go to our Renault Espace 3 category.