We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this guide, we are going to look at an issue that may seem minor but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. Indeed, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Renault Clio 3 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Renault Clio 3?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Renault Clio 3.
How does the key card of your Renault Clio 3 operate?
Before we demonstrate how to change the batteries in your Renault Clio 3 hands-free card, we will quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problem locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Renault Clio 3 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Renault Clio 3 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Renault Clio 3?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to change the key card battery of an Renault Clio 3? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Renault Clio 3:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to purchase for the card of my Renault Clio 3?
At last, to end our content page we will support you to select the card battery type of your Renault Clio 3. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Renault Clio 3, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you want more tutorials on the Renault Clio 3, go to our Renault Clio 3 category.