We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this article, we are going to discover a concern that may seem unimportant but that quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Porsche 911 card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Porsche 911?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Porsche 911.
How does the key card of your Porsche 911 work?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Porsche 911 hands-free card, we will promptly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had trouble finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to reveal you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It enables you to open the Porsche 911 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Porsche 911 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Porsche 911?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to change the key card battery of an Porsche 911? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to work. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Porsche 911:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Porsche 911?
At last, to end our article content we will support you to select the card battery type of your Porsche 911. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Porsche 911, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Porsche 911, do not hesitate to consult our Porsche 911 category.