We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to check out an issue that may seem unimportant but that promptly turns out to be annoying if it is not fixed. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Peugeot Rifter card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Peugeot Rifter?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Peugeot Rifter.
How does the key card of your Peugeot Rifter function?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Peugeot Rifter hands-free card, we will fairly quickly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulty locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Peugeot Rifter simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Peugeot Rifter if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Peugeot Rifter?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to replace the key card battery of an Peugeot Rifter? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to function. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Peugeot Rifter:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Peugeot Rifter?
At last, to conclude our content page we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Peugeot Rifter. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Peugeot Rifter, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To get more tips on the Peugeot Rifter, take a look at the Peugeot Rifter category.