We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In the present day, we are going to take a look at a problem that may seem unimportant but that fairly quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not solved. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Opel Mokka X card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Opel Mokka X?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Opel Mokka X.
How does the key card of your Opel Mokka X work?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Opel Mokka X hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It enables you to open the Opel Mokka X simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Opel Mokka X if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Opel Mokka X?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to change the key card battery of an Opel Mokka X? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to work. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Opel Mokka X:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to use for the card of my Opel Mokka X?
Finally, to conclude our content page we will help you to select the card battery type of your Opel Mokka X. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Opel Mokka X, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To find more tips on the Opel Mokka X, take a look at the Opel Mokka X category.