We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to see a concern that may seem unimportant but that promptly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Nissan Xterra card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Nissan Xterra?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Nissan Xterra.
How does the key card of your Nissan Xterra operate?
Before we explain how to change the batteries in your Nissan Xterra hands-free card, we will promptly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problems locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It allows you to open the Nissan Xterra simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Nissan Xterra if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Nissan Xterra?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to change the key card battery of an Nissan Xterra? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Nissan Xterra:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take out the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to purchase for the card of my Nissan Xterra?
At last, to conclude our article content we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Nissan Xterra. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Nissan Xterra, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Xterra, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Xterra category.