We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to check out a concern that may seem unimportant but that rather quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not repaired. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Nissan Rogue card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Nissan Rogue?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Nissan Rogue.
How does the key card of your Nissan Rogue operate?
Before we explain how to change the batteries in your Nissan Rogue hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problems finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It permits you to open the Nissan Rogue simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Nissan Rogue if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Nissan Rogue?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to change the key card battery of an Nissan Rogue? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Nissan Rogue:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to take off the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to buy for the card of my Nissan Rogue?
Finally, to finish our short post we will help you to select the card battery type of your Nissan Rogue. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Nissan Rogue, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Rogue, take a look at the Nissan Rogue category.