We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to see a problem that may seem insignificant but that fairly quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Lincoln MKS card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Lincoln MKS?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Lincoln MKS.
How does the key card of your Lincoln MKS operate?
Before we demonstrate how to change the batteries in your Lincoln MKS hands-free card, we will quickly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Lincoln MKS simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Lincoln MKS if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Lincoln MKS?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to change the key card battery of an Lincoln MKS? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Lincoln MKS:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to remove the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Lincoln MKS?
Finally, to end our content page we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Lincoln MKS. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Lincoln MKS, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To find more tips on the Lincoln MKS, take a look at the Lincoln MKS category.