We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to see an issue that may seem minor but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Hyundai Sonata card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Hyundai Sonata?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Hyundai Sonata.
How does the key card of your Hyundai Sonata function?
Before we describe how to replace the batteries in your Hyundai Sonata hands-free card, we will promptly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had difficulty finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Hyundai Sonata simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Hyundai Sonata if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Hyundai Sonata?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to replace the key card battery of an Hyundai Sonata? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to function. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Hyundai Sonata:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to buy for the card of my Hyundai Sonata?
Finally, to conclude our short post we will support you to select the card battery type of your Hyundai Sonata. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Hyundai Sonata, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Hyundai Sonata, take a look at the Hyundai Sonata category.