We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to see a concern that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not solved. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my GMC Terrain card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your GMC Terrain?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your GMC Terrain.
How does the key card of your GMC Terrain operate?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your GMC Terrain hands-free card, we will fairly quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had issues locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It permits you to open the GMC Terrain simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your GMC Terrain if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my GMC Terrain?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an GMC Terrain? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your GMC Terrain:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my GMC Terrain?
At last, to end our article we will help you to select the card battery type of your GMC Terrain. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your GMC Terrain, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any further questions about the GMC Terrain, do not hesitate to consult our GMC Terrain category.