We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this guide, we are going to see a problem that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Ford Transit Connect card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Ford Transit Connect?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Ford Transit Connect.
How does the key card of your Ford Transit Connect function?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Ford Transit Connect hands-free card, we will quickly explain how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulty locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It enables you to open the Ford Transit Connect simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Ford Transit Connect if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Ford Transit Connect?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to replace the key card battery of an Ford Transit Connect? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to function. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Ford Transit Connect:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to use for the card of my Ford Transit Connect?
Finally, to conclude our article content we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Ford Transit Connect. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Ford Transit Connect, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Ford Transit Connect, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Transit Connect category.