We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In the present day, we are going to see a problem that may seem insignificant but that rather quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not fixed. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Citroen C4 Cactus card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Citroen C4 Cactus?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Citroen C4 Cactus.
How does the key card of your Citroen C4 Cactus work?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Citroen C4 Cactus hands-free card, we will quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had difficulty finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Citroen C4 Cactus simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Citroen C4 Cactus if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Citroen C4 Cactus?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Citroen C4 Cactus? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to work. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Citroen C4 Cactus:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Citroen C4 Cactus?
Finally, to end our content page we will help you to select the card battery type of your Citroen C4 Cactus. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Citroen C4 Cactus, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To get more tips on the Citroen C4 Cactus, take a look at the Citroen C4 Cactus category.