We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to check out a problem that may seem unimportant but that fairly quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Chevrolet Spark card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Chevrolet Spark?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Chevrolet Spark.
How does the key card of your Chevrolet Spark operate?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Chevrolet Spark hands-free card, we will fairly quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had issues locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Chevrolet Spark simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Chevrolet Spark if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Chevrolet Spark?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to change the key card battery of an Chevrolet Spark? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Chevrolet Spark:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which category of battery to use for the card of my Chevrolet Spark?
At last, to end our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Chevrolet Spark. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Chevrolet Spark, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Spark, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Spark category.