We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In the present day, we are going to check out an issue that may seem unimportant but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not solved. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Chevrolet Cruze card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Chevrolet Cruze?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Chevrolet Cruze.
How does the key card of your Chevrolet Cruze operate?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Chevrolet Cruze hands-free card, we will fairly quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had trouble finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Chevrolet Cruze simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Chevrolet Cruze if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Chevrolet Cruze?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article content, how to change the key card battery of an Chevrolet Cruze? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Chevrolet Cruze:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Chevrolet Cruze?
At last, to end our article content we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Chevrolet Cruze. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Chevrolet Cruze, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more tutorials on the Chevrolet Cruze, go to our Chevrolet Cruze category.