We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this article, we are going to check out a concern that may seem insignificant but that quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not repaired. Indeed, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Chevrolet Camaro card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Chevrolet Camaro?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Chevrolet Camaro.
How does the key card of your Chevrolet Camaro operate?
Before we describe how to replace the batteries in your Chevrolet Camaro hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had problem finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It allows you to open the Chevrolet Camaro simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Chevrolet Camaro if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Chevrolet Camaro?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Chevrolet Camaro? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Chevrolet Camaro:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to remove the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Chevrolet Camaro?
At last, to finish our article content we will support you to select the card battery type of your Chevrolet Camaro. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Chevrolet Camaro, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you want more guides on the Chevrolet Camaro, go to our Chevrolet Camaro category.