We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to see a problem that may seem insignificant but that quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not corrected. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my car card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your car?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your car.
How does the key card of your car work?
Before we explain how to change the batteries in your car hands-free card, we will quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had trouble finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the car simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your car if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my car?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of a car? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to work. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your car:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my car?
Finally, to finish our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your car. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to choose the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your car, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.