We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to take a look at a problem that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not repaired. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my BMW X5 card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your BMW X5?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your BMW X5.
How does the key card of your BMW X5 function?
Before we explain how to change the batteries in your BMW X5 hands-free card, we will fairly quickly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had difficulty locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It allows you to open the BMW X5 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your BMW X5 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my BMW X5?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of an BMW X5? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to function. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your BMW X5:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to buy for the card of my BMW X5?
Finally, to finish our article content we will help you to select the card battery type of your BMW X5. They all look very similar and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your BMW X5, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you want more tutorials on the BMW X5, go to our BMW X5 category.