We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this article, we are going to discover an issue that may seem unimportant but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not corrected. Indeed, we are going to support you to know how to replace my BMW i3 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your BMW i3?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your BMW i3.
How does the key card of your BMW i3 operate?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your BMW i3 hands-free card, we will promptly describe how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had problems locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It enables you to open the BMW i3 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your BMW i3 if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my BMW i3?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of an BMW i3? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your BMW i3:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to take out the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my BMW i3?
At last, to conclude our short post we will support you to choose the card battery type of your BMW i3. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your BMW i3, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any additional questions about the BMW i3, do not hesitate to consult our BMW i3 category.