We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to look at a problem that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not solved. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Audi Sq5 card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Audi Sq5?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Audi Sq5.
How does the key card of your Audi Sq5 operate?
Before we describe how to change the batteries in your Audi Sq5 hands-free card, we will fairly quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problems finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can connect.
- It enables you to open the Audi Sq5 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Audi Sq5 if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Audi Sq5?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of an Audi Sq5? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Audi Sq5:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to buy for the card of my Audi Sq5?
At last, to finish our article content we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Audi Sq5. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Audi Sq5, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi Sq5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Sq5 category.