We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to take a look at an issue that may seem insignificant but that fairly quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not repaired. In fact, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Acura MDX card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Acura MDX?, and, finally, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Acura MDX.
How does the key card of your Acura MDX operate?
Before we teach you how to replace the batteries in your Acura MDX hands-free card, we will quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had issues finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It allows you to open the Acura MDX simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Acura MDX if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Acura MDX?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Acura MDX? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Acura MDX:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim thing to take off the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to use for the card of my Acura MDX?
At last, to end our content page we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Acura MDX. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Acura MDX, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Acura MDX, take a look at the Acura MDX category.