If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re likely keen to handle most of the maintenance to be done on your Volkswagen Polo 8, but some are more difficult than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to operate on. We really want to help you in this task. That’s why today we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 8. This process is not very difficult and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 8
So let’s start our article with the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to follow to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we advise you to lift your Volkswagen Polo 8 and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Would seem evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Remove the wheel arches: They’re also referred to as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8. Dependant on your car features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to achieve this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Volkswagen Polo 8 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 8, to put it back in place follow the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 8
And to conclude, regardless if the process is quite identical, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 8. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more info.
- Start by carrying out the same first stage, that is, lift your Volkswagen Polo 8 and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 8 without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Volkswagen Polo 8 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Remove the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it much easier to remove the bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 8.
- Remove the lower bindings underneath your Volkswagen Polo 8.
- While doing so, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 8, follow the same process as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 8 whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are more or less the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Polo 8, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Polo 8 category.