If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re probably keen to look after almost all of the maintenance to be achieved on your Volkswagen Polo 6, but some are more difficult than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or elements to access the component you want to focus on. We really want to help you in this operation. That’s why today we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 6. This operation is not very difficult and you should have the ability to do it with few equipment. To do so , first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 6
So let’s start our content page with the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we suggest you to put your Volkswagen Polo 6 on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also identified as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6. Dependant on your motor vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to achieve this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go under your Volkswagen Polo 6 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the motor vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 6, to put it back in place stick to the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 6
And now, regardless if the procedure is quite similar, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 6. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more information.
- Start by performing the same first stage, that is, lift your Volkswagen Polo 6 and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Volkswagen Polo 6 serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Volkswagen Polo 6 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 6.
- Take away the lower bindings below your Volkswagen Polo 6.
- At the same time, remember to disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Volkswagen Polo 6, stick to the same procedure as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Volkswagen Polo 6 whether it is the front one or the rear one the techniques are essentially the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 6, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 6 category.