If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re likely keen to take care of most of the work to be done on your Renault Kadjar, but some are more challenging than others and require the removal of body parts or components to access the part you want to work on. We really want to help you in this process. That’s why in this article we are going to see how to remove the bumper from a Renault Kadjar. This operation is not very challenging and you should be able to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Renault Kadjar, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Renault Kadjar
So let’s start our document with the front bumper of your Renault Kadjar. To take it off, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to stick to in order to disassemble the bumper of your Renault Kadjar in good conditions:
- If you want to be more relaxed, we suggest you to put your Renault Kadjar on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Would seem obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also named fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Renault Kadjar. Dependant on your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Renault Kadjar on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go under your Renault Kadjar to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Be sure you unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Renault Kadjar, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Renault Kadjar
And now, even if the operation is quite similar, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Renault Kadjar. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad highlights, read the part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more information.
- Start with executing the same first step, that is, lift your Renault Kadjar and remove your rear wheels in order to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Renault Kadjar serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Renault Kadjar to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Renault Kadjar.
- Take out the lower bindings below your Renault Kadjar.
- At the same time, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Renault Kadjar, stick to the same procedure as for the front bumper
Here, you have seen through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Renault Kadjar whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are just about the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
To discover more tips on the Renault Kadjar, take a look at the Renault Kadjar category.