If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re quite likely keen to handle the majority of the service to be done on your Nissan Juke, but some are more challenging than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to operate on. We really want to help you in this operation. That’s why today we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Nissan Juke. This operation is not very challenging and you should be able to do it with few equipment. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Nissan Juke, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Nissan Juke
So let’s commence our article content with the front bumper of your Nissan Juke. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to follow in order to disassemble the bumper of your Nissan Juke in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to put your Nissan Juke on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take out the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Nissan Juke. According to your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to achieve this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is at the rear of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Nissan Juke on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go below your Nissan Juke to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Nissan Juke, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Nissan Juke
And to conclude, even if the process is quite identical, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Nissan Juke. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more details.
- Start with undertaking the same first stage, that is, lift your Nissan Juke and take off your rear wheels in order to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Nissan Juke without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Nissan Juke to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take out the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Nissan Juke.
- Take away the lower bindings underneath your Nissan Juke.
- At the same time, make sure disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Nissan Juke, follow the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Nissan Juke whether it is the front one or the rear one the solutions are practically the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you want more guides on the Nissan Juke, go to our Nissan Juke category.