If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re most likely keen to manage almost all of the service to be completed on your Mercedes Benz GLK, but some are more complex than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or elements to access the component you want to focus on. We want to help you in this task. That’s why today we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Benz GLK. This action is not very complex and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Mercedes Benz GLK
So let’s commence our content page with the front bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK. To take it off, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to adhere to in order to disassemble the bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK in good conditions:
- If you want to be more relaxed, we advise you to put your Mercedes Benz GLK on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your automobile: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also referred to as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK. According to your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is at the rear of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go underneath your Mercedes Benz GLK to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Mercedes Benz GLK, to put it back in place adhere to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Mercedes Benz GLK
And to finish, even if the process is quite identical, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Mercedes Benz GLK. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more information.
- Start with executing the same first stage, that is, lift your Mercedes Benz GLK and take off your rear wheels in order to have an optimal working space to remove the bumper of your Mercedes Benz GLK serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Mercedes Benz GLK to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less difficult to remove the bumper from your Mercedes Benz GLK.
- Take off the lower bindings below your Mercedes Benz GLK.
- While doing so, be sure you disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Mercedes Benz GLK, adhere to the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Benz GLK whether it is the front one or the rear one the methods are more or less the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Benz GLK, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLK category.