If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re likely eager to take care of the majority of the maintenance to be done on your Mazda 6, but some are more challenging than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to focus on. We would like to help you in this process. That’s why today we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Mazda 6. This task is not very challenging and you should have the ability to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Mazda 6, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Mazda 6
So let’s start our content with the front bumper of your Mazda 6. To take it off, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to in order to disassemble the bumper of your Mazda 6 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we advise you to put your Mazda 6 on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Remove the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Mazda 6. Depending on your car features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to achieve this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Mazda 6 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Mazda 6 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Be sure you disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Mazda 6, to put it back in place stick to the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Mazda 6
And to conclude, even if the operation is quite identical, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Mazda 6. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more information.
- Start by performing the same first stage, that is, lift your Mazda 6 and take off your rear wheels in order to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Mazda 6 without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Mazda 6 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Remove the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less difficult to remove the bumper from your Mazda 6.
- Remove the lower bindings below your Mazda 6.
- At the same time, make sure to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Mazda 6, stick to the same procedure as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Mazda 6 whether it is the front one or the rear one the methods are essentially the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
To find more tips on the Mazda 6, take a look at the Mazda 6 category.