If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re probably keen to handle almost all of the work to be achieved on your Kia E Niro, but some are more complicated than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to focus on. We really want to help you in this task. That’s why in this article we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Kia E Niro. This action is not very complicated and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Kia E Niro, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Kia E Niro
So let’s commence our document with the front bumper of your Kia E Niro. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Kia E Niro in good conditions:
- If you want to be more relaxed, we encourage you to lift your Kia E Niro and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Kia E Niro. Dependant on your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is at the rear of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Kia E Niro on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Kia E Niro to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you quite likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Kia E Niro, to put it back in place stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Kia E Niro
And to finish, regardless if the operation is quite equivalent, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Kia E Niro. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will just give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more info.
- Start by undertaking the same first stage, that is, lift your Kia E Niro and take off your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working area to remove the bumper of your Kia E Niro without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Kia E Niro to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less difficult to remove the bumper from your Kia E Niro.
- Take out the lower bindings underneath your Kia E Niro.
- While doing so, be sure you un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Kia E Niro, stick to the same process as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Kia E Niro whether it is the front one or the rear one the approaches are pretty much the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you wish more guides on the Kia E Niro, go to our Kia E Niro category.