If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re likely willing to handle almost all of the maintenance to be done on your Ford Mondeo, but some are more complicated than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or elements to access the component you want to operate on. We want to help you in this process. That’s why today we are going to discover how to remove the bumper from a Ford Mondeo. This process is not very complicated and you should be able to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Ford Mondeo, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Ford Mondeo
So let’s start our content with the front bumper of your Ford Mondeo. To take it off, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to adhere to in order to disassemble the bumper of your Ford Mondeo in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to put your Ford Mondeo on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also referred to as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Ford Mondeo. Dependant on your motor vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is at the rear of your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Ford Mondeo on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go under your Ford Mondeo to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the motor vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Ford Mondeo, to reassemble it adhere to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Ford Mondeo
And to finish, regardless if the process is quite similar, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Ford Mondeo. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more info.
- Start with carrying out the same first step, that is, lift your Ford Mondeo and take off your rear wheels in order to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Ford Mondeo serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Ford Mondeo to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Ford Mondeo.
- Take away the lower bindings below your Ford Mondeo.
- Simultaneously, make sure disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Ford Mondeo, adhere to the same technique as for the front bumper
Here, you have seen through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Ford Mondeo whether it is the front one or the rear one the methods are just about the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you want more guides on the Ford Mondeo, go to our Ford Mondeo category.