If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re most certainly keen to take care of the majority of the work to be completed on your Fiat Doblo Cargo, but some are more complicated than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or components to access the component you want to operate on. We really want to help you in this operation. That’s why on this web page we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Fiat Doblo Cargo. This action is not very complicated and you should have the ability to do it with few equipment. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Fiat Doblo Cargo
So let’s commence our document with the front bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to adhere to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to lift your Fiat Doblo Cargo and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your automobile: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo. Depending on your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that fastens the front bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go under your Fiat Doblo Cargo to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Fiat Doblo Cargo, to reassemble it adhere to the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Fiat Doblo Cargo
And to finish, regardless if the process is quite identical, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Fiat Doblo Cargo. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more details.
- Start with executing the same first step, that is, lift your Fiat Doblo Cargo and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Fiat Doblo Cargo serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Fiat Doblo Cargo to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it much easier to remove the bumper from your Fiat Doblo Cargo.
- Take away the lower bindings below your Fiat Doblo Cargo.
- While doing so, make sure disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Fiat Doblo Cargo, adhere to the same process as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Fiat Doblo Cargo whether it is the front one or the rear one the techniques are practically the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
To find more tips on the Fiat Doblo Cargo, take a look at the Fiat Doblo Cargo category.