If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re quite likely eager to handle the vast majority of the service to be achieved on your Dodge Nitro, but some are more challenging than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or components to access the part you want to work on. We really want to help you in this task. That’s why in this article we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Dodge Nitro. This process is not very challenging and you should be able to do it with few equipment. To do so , first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Dodge Nitro, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Dodge Nitro
So let’s commence our content with the front bumper of your Dodge Nitro. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Dodge Nitro in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we encourage you to put your Dodge Nitro on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take out the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Dodge Nitro. Depending on your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Dodge Nitro on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Dodge Nitro to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Dodge Nitro, to put it back in place stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Dodge Nitro
And now, even if the operation is quite identical, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Dodge Nitro. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more info.
- Start by performing the same first step, that is, lift your Dodge Nitro and take off your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Dodge Nitro without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Dodge Nitro to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take out the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Dodge Nitro.
- Take away the lower bindings below your Dodge Nitro.
- Simultaneously, remember to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Dodge Nitro, stick to the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Dodge Nitro whether it is the front one or the rear one the approaches are almost the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you wish more guides on the Dodge Nitro, go to our Dodge Nitro category.