If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly keen to handle almost all of the work to be achieved on your Bmw Serie 3 F30, but some are more complicated than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the part you want to focus on. We would really like to help you in this task. That’s why on this web page we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Bmw Serie 3 F30. This action is not very complicated and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To do so , first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Bmw Serie 3 F30
So let’s commence our document with the front bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to follow to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to lift your Bmw Serie 3 F30 and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30. Dependant on your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go under your Bmw Serie 3 F30 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you perhaps forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Bmw Serie 3 F30, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Bmw Serie 3 F30
And now, regardless if the operation is quite equivalent, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Bmw Serie 3 F30. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more info.
- Start by performing the same first step, that is, lift your Bmw Serie 3 F30 and take out your rear wheels to be able to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Bmw Serie 3 F30 serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Bmw Serie 3 F30 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Bmw Serie 3 F30.
- Take out the lower bindings underneath your Bmw Serie 3 F30.
- Simultaneously, make sure to disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Bmw Serie 3 F30, follow the same technique as for the front bumper
Here, you have seen through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Bmw Serie 3 F30 whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are practically the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you want more tutorials on the Bmw Serie 3 F30, go to our Bmw Serie 3 F30 category.