If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re most certainly willing to look after the majority of the maintenance to be done on your Audi S4, but some are more complicated than others and need the removal of body parts or components to access the part you want to work on. We would like to help you in this process. That’s why today we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Audi S4. This process is not very complicated and you should be able to do it with few equipment. To do so , first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Audi S4, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Audi S4
So let’s commence our article content with the front bumper of your Audi S4. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to adhere to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Audi S4 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to put your Audi S4 on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Audi S4. According to your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to achieve this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Audi S4 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go under your Audi S4 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you probably forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Audi S4, to reassemble it adhere to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Audi S4
And now, even if the operation is quite equivalent, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Audi S4. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more details.
- Start with undertaking the same first step, that is, lift your Audi S4 and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Audi S4 serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Audi S4 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Audi S4.
- Remove the lower bindings underneath your Audi S4.
- At the same time, remember to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Audi S4, adhere to the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Audi S4 whether it is the front one or the rear one the approaches are essentially the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Audi S4, do not hesitate to consult our Audi S4 category.