If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re probably keen to handle most of the service to be achieved on your Acura TLX, but some are more complex than others and need the removal of body parts or elements to access the part you want to focus on. We would really like to help you in this task. That’s why today we are going to see how to remove the bumper from a Acura TLX. This procedure is not very complex and you should have the ability to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Acura TLX, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Acura TLX
So let’s start our content page with the front bumper of your Acura TLX. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Acura TLX in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we recommend you to lift your Acura TLX and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Acura TLX. Dependant on your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is from behind your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Acura TLX on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go below your Acura TLX to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Acura TLX, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite direction.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Acura TLX
And to finish, regardless if the procedure is quite identical, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Acura TLX. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more information.
- Start by executing the same first step, that is, lift your Acura TLX and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Acura TLX serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Acura TLX to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Acura TLX.
- Take off the lower bindings underneath your Acura TLX.
- While doing so, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Acura TLX, stick to the same procedure as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Acura TLX whether it is the front one or the rear one the solutions are more or less the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you wish more tutorials on the Acura TLX, go to our Acura TLX category.