Regardless of you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. In this post, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Nissan Pathfinder . Obviously, even if the installation process is not complex, it is necessary to clarify some details to consider this intervention without any problem. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Nissan Pathfinder .
What’s the wiring harness for a Nissan Pathfinder hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Nissan Pathfinder?
So we will start our content page by detailing the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Nissan Pathfinder. In order to figure out how it functions, you must previously figure out its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and above all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain requirements, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Nissan Pathfinder . We will focus on this in this post, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Nissan Pathfinder, please discover our content page on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Nissan Pathfinder?
We will now fairly quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Nissan Pathfinder. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Nissan Pathfinder trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be determined on all Nissan Pathfinder hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Nissan Pathfinder: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that require 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical devices in the cabin. This kind of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Nissan Pathfinder?
To conclude this content page, we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Nissan Pathfinder .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Nissan Pathfinder?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Nissan Pathfinder, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We advise you to call in a motor vehicle electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be accomplished:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Nissan Pathfinder to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Nissan Pathfinder?
For new Nissan Pathfinders, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover specific ones for your Nissan Pathfinder and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Nissan Pathfinder so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Nissan Pathfinder and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Nissan Pathfinder?
Finally, to conclude this content page we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Nissan Pathfinder . To achieve this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Nissan Pathfinder, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Pathfinder category.