If you need to move house, go on holiday with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. In this post, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Mercedes Actros . In actual fact, even if the set up process is not complex, it is necessary to explain some details to consider this intervention without any problem. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Mercedes Actros .
What’s the wiring harness for a Mercedes Actros hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Mercedes Actros?
So we will start our content page by explaining the basics of a wiring harness of a Mercedes Actros. In order to understand how it functions, you must already understand its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is essential and above all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Mercedes Actros . We will look into this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Mercedes Actros, please discover our content page on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Mercedes Actros?
We will now quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Mercedes Actros. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Mercedes Actros trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be found on all Mercedes Actros hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions needed for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Mercedes Actros: This plug system is principally used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical equipment in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Mercedes Actros?
To end this content page, we will quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Mercedes Actros .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Mercedes Actros?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Mercedes Actros, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Mercedes Actros to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Mercedes Actros?
For recent Mercedes Actross, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate particular ones for your Mercedes Actros and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Mercedes Actros so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Mercedes Actros and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Mercedes Actros?
Finally, to end this content page we will quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Mercedes Actros . To get this done you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Actros, take a look at the Mercedes Actros category.