Regardless of you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. On this page, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Infiniti QX60 . Indeed, even if the set up procedure is not complex, it is necessary to clarify some details to consider this work without any problem. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Infiniti QX60 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Infiniti QX60 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Infiniti QX60?
So we will start our content by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Infiniti QX60. In order to discover how it works, you must previously discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical regulations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Infiniti QX60 . We will concentrate on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Infiniti QX60, please discover our content on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Infiniti QX60?
We will now fairly quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Infiniti QX60. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Infiniti QX60 trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be located on all Infiniti QX60 hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Infiniti QX60: This plug system is principally used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This sort of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Infiniti QX60?
To conclude this content, we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Infiniti QX60 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Infiniti QX60?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Infiniti QX60, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a motor vehicle electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Infiniti QX60 to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Infiniti QX60?
For modern Infiniti QX60s, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover particular ones for your Infiniti QX60 and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Infiniti QX60 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Infiniti QX60 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Infiniti QX60?
Finally, to conclude this content we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Infiniti QX60 . To do this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To get more tips on the Infiniti QX60, take a look at the Infiniti QX60 category.