If you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. In this post, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Infiniti Q60 . In fact, even if the installation procedure is not difficult, it is required to explain some details to consider this task without any problem. First of all, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Infiniti Q60 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Infiniti Q60 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Infiniti Q60?
So we will start our article by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Infiniti Q60. In order to discover how it works, you must previously discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is essential and above all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain requirements, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Infiniti Q60 . We will look into this in this article, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Infiniti Q60, please see our article on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Infiniti Q60?
We will now quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Infiniti Q60. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Infiniti Q60 trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be identified on all Infiniti Q60 hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Infiniti Q60: This plug system is principally used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This type of connection needs the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Infiniti Q60?
To conclude this article, we will quickly show you you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Infiniti Q60 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Infiniti Q60?
To install the wiring harness of an old Infiniti Q60, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a motor vehicle electrician to do this intervention because it is difficult, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be carried out:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Infiniti Q60 to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Infiniti Q60?
For new Infiniti Q60s, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover specific ones for your Infiniti Q60 and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Infiniti Q60 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Infiniti Q60 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Infiniti Q60?
Finally, to conclude this article we will quickly show you you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Infiniti Q60 . To achieve this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Infiniti Q60, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q60 category.